O2 Sensor

This is a discussion on O2 Sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im getting the O2 sensor code,so my check engine light is on, also im running rich.some mechanic said before i ...

Question O2 Sensor

im getting the O2 sensor code,so my check engine light is on, also im running rich.some mechanic said before i go and buy a $200 part that i should take it out and CLEAN it. should i try that first and what do i use to clean it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What is the exact code? I had a P1131 "front short" code and actually did find a short in the harness. The code helps troubleshoot the problem.
    If you do remove the sensor to clean ( hard project ) people have used carb cleaner, wire brush, and compressed air ( some or all together ). Again this will depend on the code but if you do remove it and find the tip burned off it's time for a new one.
    2005 Legacy GT - stock for now
    1991 Galant VR4 - Sold
    2002 WRX Wagon - Sold

i was told p00420 something like that so i pull out the exhaust manifold sensor and it has been spliced i think the place i took it to switch out sensors look for my other post I NEED HELP i put up today with pics

If it's a P0420 that's "Catalytic Converter Efficiency Low". This is a common rex probem when a catless down-pipe or high flow CBE is installed. It does have to do with the readings of the front vs rear O2 sensor but does not require replacement in most cases.
    If you do have a catless DP then either get an AccessPort ( eliminates the code altogether ) or buy a spark plug fouler from most local auto parts stores. I have also seen kits on eBay for $30 that help resolve that error.
    Good luck, hope it helps.
    2005 Legacy GT - stock for now
    1991 Galant VR4 - Sold
    2002 WRX Wagon - Sold

I Need Your Help!!! Im I Getting Ripped Off?

check this out i found the problem