NEED HELP! Trans problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NEED HELP! Trans problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; need help on this asap! I have a 05 psm wrx and my car will not go into second gear ...

NEED HELP! Trans problems

need help on this asap! I have a 05 psm wrx and my car will not go into second gear does any one have any idea... is it somthing that i can do? or do i need to take my car to the dealer i need help on this one asap please! thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did it make a loud bang followed by an awful grinding sound?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

sounds like you blew a syncro! Sounds just like what happened to mine only the gear usually goes too.

turn your car off, can you put it into gear then?

if you put a shortshifter on it or a suby tech did it's possible that the plate on the side of the bushing attached to the trans is blocking your entry to second gear.

can you go into any other gears ?

Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner, there was no grinding sound at all just the loud bang. but the weird thing is that on my way home from work (while in lovley jersey traffic) it actually let me pop it into 2nd after about an hour of driving, and now works perfectly... do you think i should still take it to the subaru dealer?

do you have a short shifter or have you replaced your shifter bushings?

No actually my car is completly stock so it really does not make any sense to me

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.