CEL and raspy exhaust sound

This is a discussion on CEL and raspy exhaust sound within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've down some searching and even listened to a few video clips but I'm not convinced I've found the same ...

CEL and raspy exhaust sound

I've down some searching and even listened to a few video clips but I'm not convinced I've found the same sound.

It sounds just like there is a plastic bag, or a piece of paper in my exhaust.

It is only really noticeable at low revs, or when I blip the throttle; and it's not that loud. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the center of the car (underneath), not the muffler or turbo. So I'm thinking downpipe cat. Is this an exhaust leak?

About 10 days ago it was raining really hard and I threw an exhaust temp CEL (P1312). However I'm confused because:
    1) I've thrown a CEL when it's raining before, and
    2) I have a AP stage 2 re-flash.

Mods include: Cat-less UP(without bung), TurboXS turbo-back w/ cat, Cobb stage 2 re-flash.
    2002 WRX, ~80,000 miles.

Any help, would be great.
    '02 Sedona Red Sedan
    Stage II, 115k Miles 10/13

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this happened to me today. my egt sensor cam out and i could not boost....
    07 white STi in CT

Depending on the code you are most likely going into "open loop" or safe mode. I had the same thing happen due to the CEL for the EGT. You still boost but it feels very sluggish and unresponsive until the turbo spools. The sound is from the WG being open at low RPM's.
    You did not mention if you have the EGT resistor mod? Could be that the resistor is getting wet and shorting out which will generate the P1312. Once it dries the computer reverts back to normal operation.
    2005 Legacy GT - stock for now
    1991 Galant VR4 - Sold
    2002 WRX Wagon - Sold

I do not have a resistor mod. My AP reflash has been keeping me CEL free, well at least most of the time.

As for performance, it's normal. I guess maybe it could be a little down, but I'm not sure.
    '02 Sedona Red Sedan

bump
    '02 Sedona Red Sedan