Lights no longer flash when locking/unlocking

This is a discussion on Lights no longer flash when locking/unlocking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I thought this was just user error but I can't seem to figure this out and now I'm thinking ...

Lights no longer flash when locking/unlocking

Hi,

I thought this was just user error but I can't seem to figure this out and now I'm thinking it is a problem rather than user error.

My lights (brake and turn signals) used to flash when I would lock/unlock my car with my key FOB. Now the lights no longer flash.

They stopped flashing all of a sudden one day and I thought I must have just hit some button order on my FOB to disable this. I just checked the manual and can't find anything about just turning on or off the flashing lights. Plenty of stuff about how to disable/enable the beeping when you lock/unlock the doors but that doesn't do it.

Now I have the beep turned back on but my lights no longer flash. Any ideas, or does this sound like something that needs to be taken to the dealer? I prefer the flashing lights and no beep.

Thanks in advance.
    John

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same thing's happening to mine... did you ever find out what the problem was?

If your security light is flashing on your gauge cluster... Open your drivers door, and press the unlock button on your key fob for about 3 seconds until the security light stops flashing. Keep trying this until your desired "lock mode" is aquired.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.