hissing noise after oil change

This is a discussion on hissing noise after oil change within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got an oil change on ny '02 WRX wagon and now when I accelerate I hear a hissing ...

hissing noise after oil change

I just got an oil change on ny '02 WRX wagon and now when I accelerate I hear a hissing kind of noise from the front of the car when I accelerate. It's tough to describe sounds, but the best I can say is it sounds like a metal contaner being filled quickly with air or water. It goes away as soon as I take my foot off the gas. Any ideas? I don't know if the oil change is just coincidental, but it's suspicious.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

probably just ur intake
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

if im correct i think its just the oil circulating because i remember i freaked about that too one time when i first got my wagon but hopefully i dont suck and im wrong , someone else get in on this im sure its an easy explenation.
    un poqito.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

I'd love it to be something normal like my intake, but I can't imagine that I've been hearing it for years now and just noticed it now.