Drivers side Headlight problem

This is a discussion on Drivers side Headlight problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i did the Fog light mod, but instead of taking the red/grn wire from the realy and wrapping it ...

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar

Drivers side Headlight problem

so i did the Fog light mod, but instead of taking the red/grn wire from the realy and wrapping it around the illumination fuse, i extended the wire to the 12v cigarete lighter plug, so i could turn on the fog lights without having to switch on to the running lights with 1 click, i though it would be alright to do that.

i finished all the wiring, and i tested it, it worked perfectly!!! i was happy!! the fog lights worked independantly and it would stay on with my high beams! i drove around in the day and everything was normal, but at night when i went to turn on my headlights only the passanger side turned on i was like wtf, so i tried my High beams and both sides worked.

im kinda pissed now, so when i got home i returned it to the "stock" configuration hoping that both my headlights would work. i put everything back together, tested it, and only the passager side lights up!!!! i check on the bulb and it doesnt look burnt out, i looked at the harness and it doesnt look melted or anything, and now im really WTF is up??

i really hope i didnt mess up things too bad, i also dont want to take it to the dealer, so would you guys have any sugesstions? or solutions to this problem?

THANKS!!!
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a headlight that didn't look burnt out but it was. You might want to try and throw another light in there...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

ok. i had osram silverstars in there. im gonna put the stock lights back on . and see if it works.

if it doesnt then ill be thouroughly stumped!

any other ideas?

THANKS!!
    2006 Aspen White STi

ok. so i checked all the headlight fuses and the relay fuses under the hood. and to no luck it still didnt work.

how do you know if a relay is busted?

im running out of ideas here

THANKS!!!
    2006 Aspen White STi

ok i switched the relays under the hood to test if one was busted. nope! no luck.

im going to swap the bulb now,

if that doesnt work. im going to have a permanatly busted LH light, which is not good! that means i really cant drive at night. thats not good
    2006 Aspen White STi