PCV Valve

This is a discussion on PCV Valve within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know where the pcv valve is in an 05 STi and how often ur suppose to change it ...

PCV Valve

Does anyone know where the pcv valve is in an 05 STi and how often ur suppose to change it ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am not sure but I think it is under the intercooler.. Someone please correct me if I am wrong...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

It is, on the pass side of the TB. Follow the intake tubing, and you'll find some smaller tubes connected to it. ONe of the ones closer to the turbo inlet leads you to the PCV

anyone have any pics of it ???

I have an 04 WRX and i have no idea where the PCV valve is. The internet hasn't been very helpful either. There is a how to on this site but it is for 02-03 wrxs so if your STi is anything like my 04 wrx its not worth the hassle, tonight is the second night I have wasted taking the intercooler off and searching for the right valve. I am going to have the dealer just do it b/c I think the one on my vehicle is supposed to be serviced by dealers only. I have the part that I got from Subaru but no one seems to have a straight answer on where it is....Good Luck

i think its in a diff location on the 04+

Registered User Electric-Mayhem's Avatar
    I have an 04 wagon, and I thought I had found it for second, but when I took it off, there was no valve, it was just a nipple. Not sure if they stopped using one or I found the wrong thing, but I couldn't find anything else that even resembled it back there. Ended up just returning it.

JH

Quote Originally Posted by DJJK
    I have an 04 WRX and i have no idea where the PCV valve is. The internet hasn't been very helpful either. There is a how to on this site but it is for 02-03 wrxs so if your STi is anything like my 04 wrx its not worth the hassle, tonight is the second night I have wasted taking the intercooler off and searching for the right valve. I am going to have the dealer just do it b/c I think the one on my vehicle is supposed to be serviced by dealers only. I have the part that I got from Subaru but no one seems to have a straight answer on where it is....Good Luck
    See if someone @ the dealership might tell you and let me know if you can
    thanks

Ok so I have an appointment to get my PCV valve done tomorrow, it turns out that on my year wrx it must be dealer serviced because it has clips on it that are not reusable, as for the location, it is connected to the hose that goes to the intake manifold underneath the intercooler. Its in a black plastic "T". The orginal part they gave me was the wrong part the correct part number for my car is 11819AA001. If you did what I did you took off what you thought was the PCV valve but it was hollow like a regualr inlet valve and were very fustrated, I hope this post saves someone the aggravation I had to endure. I am not sure if this a part that REALLY needs to be replaced but I am doing it anyway to make sure my car is sound before I start any mods.

Quote Originally Posted by DJJK
    Ok so I have an appointment to get my PCV valve done tomorrow, it turns out that on my year wrx it must be dealer serviced because it has clips on it that are not reusable, as for the location, it is connected to the hose that goes to the intake manifold underneath the intercooler. Its in a black plastic "T". The orginal part they gave me was the wrong part the correct part number for my car is 11819AA001. If you did what I did you took off what you thought was the PCV valve but it was hollow like a regualr inlet valve and were very fustrated, I hope this post saves someone the aggravation I had to endure. I am not sure if this a part that REALLY needs to be replaced but I am doing it anyway to make sure my car is sound before I start any mods.
    thanks man...
    i dunno know but someone had told me that i should replace it like every 10k miles or so... because this part stops oil from going into the intake
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Its on the passenger side crank breather hose. It comes right out of the block and is connected to a plastic T. You can do it yourself and it is easy but you have to buy the T and the valve already assembled which is around $13.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

anyone have a pic of it and where it is ?