What is the normal cost

This is a discussion on What is the normal cost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Those with the STI how much do you pay each year or atleast if u want just put down the ...

What is the normal cost

Those with the STI how much do you pay each year or atleast if u want just put down the usual estimate. I like the STI and will keep it stock and probably wont do any modifications other than maybe a catback system and some other small stuff. I was wondering how much it will cost a month or to a year for maintenance(other than oil changes which i can do myself). This car probably wont be driven no more than 250 miles a month . Considering I have a commuter car for long driving and better gas mileage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Other than oil change, what other maintenance is there? Don't have the maintenance schedule with me but no other fluid work or any other maintenace for that matter is needed for 3 years I think. Tires and oil change.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbocrazed
    Those with the STI how much do you pay each year or atleast if u want just put down the usual estimate. I like the STI and will keep it stock and probably wont do any modifications other than maybe a catback system and some other small stuff. I was wondering how much it will cost a month or to a year for maintenance(other than oil changes which i can do myself). This car probably wont be driven no more than 250 miles a month . Considering I have a commuter car for long driving and better gas mileage.
    Please rephrase this request in a language we all understand. Thank you.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Well I guess to make it simple how much does it cost to maintain a STI?

I think i might of been confused on the Maintenance sticky. nvm heh i did get confused.

I think this is what confused me.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/suba...13622/cto.html

Is Edmunds pretty accurate with the yearly spending for the STI??? I believe this is what I was asking. I wont be racking alot of miles on the car so probably shave some money off there chart. I know thats just an example but it freaked me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocrazed
    Well I guess to make it simple how much does it cost to maintain a STI?

I think i might of been confused on the Maintenance sticky. nvm heh i did get confused.

I think this is what confused me.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/suba...13622/cto.html

Is Edmunds pretty accurate with the yearly spending for the STI??? I believe this is what I was asking. I wont be racking alot of miles on the car so probably shave some money off there chart. I know thats just an example but it freaked me out.
    I believe it's entirely inaccurate because their cost of maintenance includes items that are covered by warranty.

you're getting ready to drop some serious coin on an sti that you'll only be driving 250 miles a month and you're worried about the cost of upkeep?

as the saying goes.... if you have to ask, you cant afford it

would it be better to just settle for a WRX then? o and sorry i know this is most likely off topic and in the wrong thread but the difference between the WRX TR and reg WRX is what that one is more tuner???

I Support ClubWRX
    The WRX or STI has been covered more times then anyone can count. The "what's the differnce between WRX and the TR" has been covered a little bit less but it's still out there.

As for my personal throught if someone can afford the STI, and doesnt mind a bit harsher ride then get the sti. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the 06. The tranny alone just about makes up the cost difference in my book.

Driving a car that little you shouldnt have any major wear/tear issues for atleast 3-4 years. Oil changes and tires are required (esp. if you live where it may snow).

The TR is a "stripped" model and has different seats, no climate control, single disk cd player, less speakers, black mirrors, no sunroof option, and a few other "not needed" accessories. Once again it's a prefernce thing but if you can get the plain wrx.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

ok cool, I figured that was the only maintenace till the 30k mile check up. On my car wasnt much about 450, which was nothing compared to my pops 100k mile check up.

Ya I figured that was the difference between the TR and WRX just wanted to make sure.

Thanks