quick question about stock brakes

This is a discussion on quick question about stock brakes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was chaning my brakes today and noticed that it had steal braided brake lines! do they come like this ...

quick question about stock brakes

I was chaning my brakes today and noticed that it had steal braided brake lines!

do they come like this stock or did the owner before me do brake upgrade
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

I Support ClubWRX
    PO changed them. I know. I have a set of stock WRX brake lines sitting in one of my drawers at home and they are not steel braided.

I Support ClubWRX
    SS braided brake lines do not come stock.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

well this is a fun surprise then!
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

perhaps you have upgraded rotors as well, since the stock IMO suck ass. One of the best upgrades I've done to the car is upgrading the rotors/pads.