Turbo blown or worse?

This is a discussion on Turbo blown or worse? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2003 WRX 65k Heres the problem. I blew a ratiator hose a month ago and when i replaced it noticed ...

Turbo blown or worse?

2003 WRX 65k

Heres the problem. I blew a ratiator hose a month ago and when i replaced it noticed a little bit of oil buildup around the hose and in the coolant system. I flushed the whole system and was good to go. Now about a month later I have a TON of oil in my coolant. The reserve is full of what looks like thick mud I know that it is oil. I emptied the reserve once and not a day later it is full of sluge again, I also drained some coolant from the bottom of the raiator and it isnt as thick but it is brown in color. The first thing that came to mind was cracked block or head gasket so the i checked the oil dipstick. The oil is clean... was low but clean. Under the oil cap is dry with no condensation. The car is giving me no driving symptoms of anything being wrong. no smoke, no smell, no turbo hesitation, no overheating, no knocking. Since the engine oil is clean I think that it may be something turbo related. I have quite a bit of car knowledge but this is my first turbocharged car and I dont have much under the hood exp with them. Any help would be appreciated. Second question, if I do have to replace the turbo can I replace it with a FP16G and run it w/o problems on the stock injectors and fuel pump and upgrade later?

Thanks
    Last edited by Germis; 08-28-2006 at 12:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not sure waht the problem is
    but about the turbo .. ur going to NEEED new injectors, pump, and EM

Id learn a bit more about your car before modding the crap out of it..

$0.02
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005