Turbo QUESTION

This is a discussion on Turbo QUESTION within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I have read that it is normal for WRX's to eat a little oil. Is this true? If so, ...

Arrow Turbo QUESTION

Hi,

I have read that it is normal for WRX's to eat a little oil. Is this true? If so, how much is normal? Is 1/2 quart every 3k miles aceptable? Any way to fix this?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That seems fairly normal. I wouldn't worry about it but keep an eye on it regularly. Can't fix it really.

Thanks. I asked the same question on another forum and they told me that it is never normal for a car to eat any oil under any circumstances. Was it that maybe they just weren't familiar with WRX's? And it is normal for them to eat a little oil?

Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't imagine a scenario where a conventional piston motor does not consume oil. Whether the consumption is measurable is another issue; when one says "my car uses no oil between changes" (like I do when using a particular oil) what the statement really means is "I cannot measure my car's use, it's that low."

Check the oil change thread for suggestions regarding what motor oil choices may reduce your consumption if you are concerned about the rate. If not, don't bother; you seem fine anyway.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.