Spark plugs air filters etc
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Spark plugs air filters etc within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Due for my 60K service, bringing it to an independant mechanic. I don't have any mods, but I thought I ...

Spark plugs air filters etc

Due for my 60K service, bringing it to an independant mechanic. I don't have any mods, but I thought I could at least put in a different air filter. Any recommendations of one I could buy at a parts store? Also, I was told the original spark plugs in the WRX don't have to be changed until 100,000 miles but I wanted to put in new ones--any recommendations on those?
    I also plan on a brake fluid and coolant flush, and a new fuel filter. Anything else I should be doing or looking at at 60K? Thanks in advance guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep it OEM if nothing is was wrong the first 60k miles......you might pay more but you know they will atleast get you that far.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

You could change tranny fluid (Uncle Scotty's Cocktail), diff fluid, check brakes.
    Lot's o' mods...

I second the suggestion to put in an OEM type air filter if you don't have any mods in the car and it hasn't given you any problems. New plugs actually go in at 60K IIRC, and I would stick with the OEM spec on those as well, NGK iridium plugs. The recommendation to change the tranny and differential fluid isn't a bad idea, might want to put synthetic in there. Check your brakes, rotate your tires, and give the whole car a good once over.

Ok thanks for the suggestions. One question, which may be stupid---I was told to buy wires with spark plugs, does anybody do that?

I Support ClubWRX
    The wrx doesnt have wires coil's on top of plugs. Coils are typicaly replaced when they go bad not at a maitance interval.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.