changed filters, now car won't run

This is a discussion on changed filters, now car won't run within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought for my wife a 99 impreza L ( which I will be doing an engine swap for the ...

Registered User Scoobydrivin219's Avatar

changed filters, now car won't run

I bought for my wife a 99 impreza L ( which I will be doing an engine swap for the fun of it eventually.) Anyways, I changed the oil, then went to change the air filter ( which of coarse wasn't the right size.) So I put the old one back in ( which wasn't to bad either way) and put everything back together. I went to start up the car, it starts up imediately without hesitation, idles around 1k for a second, then imediately dies off. I can do this over and over again and it doesn't change, can anyone elaborate? Let me know at yoyur earliest convenience, thanks
    Anime
    The only world where
    breasts are big
    Swords are bigger
    And talking doesn't cause
    your face to move

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Scoobydrivin219's Avatar
    Also, I just noticed, the corner lights are blinking ( like the hazards are on, but alot slower) on their own, no buttons are pushed or anything.
    Anime
    The only world where
    breasts are big
    Swords are bigger
    And talking doesn't cause
    your face to move

Could be you dislodged a small chunk of something and it is affecting the reading of the mass air flow sensor, check your mass air flow sensor.

make sure your all your hoses in your intake track are well connected.. ..the MAF sensor wont read properly if there isnt enough vac to pull air past it.

Sounds like an electrical problem. Check your relays and the connections around where you were working.
    Lot's o' mods...