Car feels like it stops pulling when close to 6Krpm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car feels like it stops pulling when close to 6Krpm within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all i'm new to this site and have a quick question. I just got my 06' wagon about 3 ...

Question Car feels like it stops pulling when close to 6Krpm

Hello all i'm new to this site and have a quick question. I just got my 06' wagon about 3 months ago. By now it's fully broken in (properly) with about 7500 miles on it. I never drive my car hard (to redline) but today, I was at a stop light with no one around and decide to floor it through the gears once it turned green. When I took of in first gear it pulled hard until I got to about 6000 rpm then it felt as if i was hitting a rev limiter or something. Once i upshifted it continued to pull like normal. I am wondring if this is normal (my first turbo'd car)? was I just at the peak of my power band? My car is bone stock by the way. Any thought would be appreciated...Hopefully it's not a problem with the car...Thanks for the help!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

After 6K the boost drops significantly and i believe the 06 has a lower Redline than the 02-05.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    yes they turbo pretty much runs out of breath at around 5500rpms

so its kinda pointless to shift at redline.

yeah thats just the characteristics of the stock turbo. if you want something with more low end power or top end power youll need a diffrent turbo w/supporting mods.

theres a ton of info here on the forums about our cars!

AND CONGRATS ON YOUR 06!!!!!!
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

Quote Originally Posted by 1WRXWagon
    Hello all i'm new to this site and have a quick question. I just got my 06' wagon about 3 months ago. By now it's fully broken in (properly) with about 7500 miles on it. I never drive my car hard (to redline) but today, I was at a stop light with no one around and decide to floor it through the gears once it turned green. When I took of in first gear it pulled hard until I got to about 6000 rpm then it felt as if i was hitting a rev limiter or something. Once i upshifted it continued to pull like normal. I am wondring if this is normal (my first turbo'd car)? was I just at the peak of my power band? My car is bone stock by the way. Any thought would be appreciated...Hopefully it's not a problem with the car...Thanks for the help!!!
    i think for the 06 redline is 6500, guys correct if i am wrong, so you might have hit the rev limiter
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

The 2.5L motor needs a bigger turbo than the TD04.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Smile Thanks

Right on guys for the info, I was worried something was wrong with the car...sounds like its a normal thing...I'm used to driving an Integra GSR which pulled to 8000Rpm. guess I have to get used to the turbo thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1WRXWagon
    Right on guys for the info, I was worried something was wrong with the car...sounds like its a normal thing...I'm used to driving an Integra GSR which pulled to 8000Rpm. guess I have to get used to the turbo thing.
    Yup. I had an RSX and i would take her to redline all the time. Its also interesting to find that if you shift around 6-65K depending on your powerband you will be in a better rpm range for the next gear and still in boost, if you shift at redline you will wind up in a low RPM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.