After rear strut bar install, weird noises help!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on After rear strut bar install, weird noises help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; After installing my rear strut bar, I hear all these weird noises but they have nothing to do with the ...

After rear strut bar install, weird noises help!!

After installing my rear strut bar, I hear all these weird noises but they have nothing to do with the suspension. I didn't reinstall the seats or seat belt torsioners to test it out first and when I was backing up the car I could hear this slosh sound, like my gas tank sloshing. It sounds exactly like if you were to have a little swimming pool in the back and the water moves side to side. Also, you know how sometimes on a cold day when you back up you can hear the brakes on the rotor, I hear that too. Also, I can hear this faint electrical sound when I turn on the car. No CEL's just all these sounds that have nothing to do with the suspension. Someone please help!
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you didn't alter anything and the only change is the lack of seats, you now have a large air cavity with little sound deadening. For example, the electrical noise is the fuel pump. I'm betting there's nothing wrong. Put the seat back on and see if the noises are reduced.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ok, i put back the seats and seatbelt bolt, and now their is no weird sounds, sorry for the false alarm. That's really weird though how a lack of seats can make you hear all these weird noises, like the gas tank for instance.
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    The seats are thick foam with fancy dressing. The foam does a great job deadening sound. Plus, without the seats in place, the rear of the cabin extends to the bumper, creating a large, resonant cavern.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.