dropped boost!! scared!!!

This is a discussion on dropped boost!! scared!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was coming from HIN L.A ( which it was great) and on the way back i noticed that i ...

dropped boost!! scared!!!

I was coming from HIN L.A ( which it was great) and on the way back i noticed that i wasnt boosting right. I will not go over 7psi of boost, thats less than stock!! i checked all my hoses, conections, etc and everything is good. I am kinda scared, i need some help! please reply !

another thing.. my friend gave me his CAI ( AEM) and i installed in my car, i noticed that the filter was dirty but i still did it, ever since i know i have been running richer in fuel, i dont know if that might affect it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The CAI usually makes the car run lean not rich. Sounds like your car might be in limp mode. I'm guessing if I ask you if you have a CEL you'll say "I had X mod on the car so I had a CEL before." If that's the case gets your codes pulled.

It could also be your gauge is borked.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

junk the cai... anyone on here will say so. especially without a tune for it...
    07 white STi in CT

i checked the gauge and its fine, one thing that i noticed is that my turbo doesnt spool as strong as before. i have the regular TD04. i feel like if the rex lost all its power. i checked the CEL right now ( i have the Decoder) nad it says that i am running rich. ah!!

You may have just popped off a vacuum line. It sounds like your just running off the wastegate right now. Check all the lines going to and coming from the turbo/wastegate.

Check your boost control solonoid. Mine went bad and I could only boost 7 PSI. 7PSI is the wastegate presure. The boost control solonoid is located under the little black cover with two screws under the hood on the passenger side. You will see the two vacume hose coming off of it....
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

i checked the solenoid but i dont know it its bad. i just unpluged it, disconected the battery, let it wait for like about 5 minutes and then put everything back on. i am still boosting 7psi. where can i get a new solenoid and how much are they? I just found that i have a uppipe leak too. i am buying a downpipe and upipe now. i just was using the stock STi ones

I have a GM solenoid I can sell you for $25 shipped.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RWU00313
    I have a GM solenoid I can sell you for $25 shipped.
    Wont he need a retune to run that?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Check if the wastegate arm is still attached to the flapper.

Quote Originally Posted by fexterz11
    i checked the solenoid but i dont know it its bad. i just unpluged it, disconected the battery, let it wait for like about 5 minutes and then put everything back on. i am still boosting 7psi. where can i get a new solenoid and how much are they? I just found that i have a uppipe leak too. i am buying a downpipe and upipe now. i just was using the stock STi ones
    Mine seemed to be fine too, but they put a new one on and it fixed the problem. I think that they said it was stuck open. I can't remember it was like a year ago...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

well i work in car dealership, right now we have like 4 wrx and 3 STi. i could be shaddy and just "exchange"solonoids but i am not that kinda person. where can i buy one here in SOCAL other than the subaru dealer.

PS: interested in the 25 bux deal.. but i wanna get one here.