Mt

This is a discussion on Mt within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just replaced my mt fluid with mobil1 synthetic it is great when i go through the gears but when ...

Mt

I just replaced my mt fluid with mobil1 synthetic it is great when i go through the gears but when i go to put it in 1st gear (when i am moveing) it grinds does any one no if it could be from changing out the mt fluids or do i have to come to a stop before i put it in 1st?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should try a search but basically there is not enough friction for your synchros to work properly with that stuff.

i was having a similar problem with my car when going into 5th and i switched to redline gear oil with a syncro mesh and then drove the car very gentle for about a month to let all the fluids work there way it and now it shifts great!
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

Thumbs up

Thanks ill try the redline and see if it work.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think the difference is the synchromesh stuff, not the redline. It isn't a component of the redline, it is something you add separately.

You really should have a look at this thread:
    Change To Syn Gear Oil Now!

agreed but redline is the one who makes the syncro mesh

and also if you shop around long enough online you can end up saving a lot of money
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph