High temp gasket sealer

This is a discussion on High temp gasket sealer within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How safe is it to use high temp gasket sealer on any gaskets and flanges before the turbo? What are ...

High temp gasket sealer

How safe is it to use high temp gasket sealer on any gaskets and flanges before the turbo? What are the chances of a small piece of vulcanized sealer damaging the compressor wheel on the turbo? Is there a specific kind and brand that is better than others??? Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump!

Can anyone help me with the question stated above?

When I was gutting my uppipe I managed to get a few scratches on the flange. They were shallow but still deep enough to catch my fingernail so I decided to use some gasket sealant just to try and avoid a possible headache. I spread a very thin layer on the scratched flange with my finger, just enough to fill the scratches and coat the surrounding area. No problems so far after 200 mi. I think you just have to be careful not to put on so much that it can get squeezed into the exhaust flow when you tighten everything. Not sure if this will help, good luck.