CEL Question After Un Marrying Cobb AP?.. NEED HELP!?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL Question After Un Marrying Cobb AP?.. NEED HELP!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm selling my car, and unmarried the cobb ap correctly from the ECU. I still had my catless UP and ...

CEL Question After Un Marrying Cobb AP?.. NEED HELP!?

I'm selling my car, and unmarried the cobb ap correctly from the ECU. I still had my catless UP and DP on there though, so about 3 days later the CEL kicks on. I then put my stock DP back on, and unplugged my battery to try and reset the ECU, and again it was good for about 3 days then it kicked back on. I still have the catless UP on there, and don't really want to take it off, but I didn't think that caused CEL's to come on?. I don't know what else to do, and don't feel like taking it to the dealership. What are my options on getting this fixed???...Do I have to take the catless UP off for the CEL to go away? Hopefully someone can help me quick, I'm selling the car very soon. THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd get the code checked at your local autozone to make sure it's related to the exhaust.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

so if it related to my exhaust, what could it be? How much would autozone charge me?

I Support ClubWRX
    Autozone can check for free, but I just rememered the AP can read them. Not sure if it has to be married to read it or not through.

You might want to check into it a little more, but I think the UP can through a CEL because Godspeed old UP's moved the sensor back so it wouldnt throw a code.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

crap...alright.....Does anyone else know if a catless UP can throw a CEL?...cuz if so, that's probably it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.