Seafoam Questions
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Seafoam Questions within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just went to the local autoparts store and purchased some seafoam. my question is how is the best way ...

Seafoam Questions

I just went to the local autoparts store and purchased some seafoam. my question is how is the best way to use it. if i slowly suck it up using the vacuum line to the bypass valve, or in the tank. the bottle says each way helps clean different things.

thanks for your help,
    ryan
    07 white STi in CT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry i clicked submit three times. mods could you please delete the other ones?
    07 white STi in CT

wow, tripple post.

you can use it in your gas tank to clean the fuel system and injectors OR you can inject it through the intake to clean the valves and carbon deposits. when i used it, i noticed a slight gain in mpg, but that was only temporary
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    wow, tripple post.

you can use it in your gas tank to clean the fuel system and injectors OR you can inject it through the intake to clean the valves and carbon deposits. when i used it, i noticed a slight gain in mpg, but that was only temporary
    do you think i could use it half and half to clean both or just do one at a time?
    07 white STi in CT

ya, you could do half. or you can just buy 2 bottles
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

how often should one do this ?

once a year is good. my friend uses it everytime he changes his oil. so i guess it depends on how often you want to use it
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

if i suck it therought the vacuum line to the bypass valvedo i have to disconnect anything else? and did you mix the seafoam half and half with gas?

and i heard people said they locked their motor by just sucking it out of the bottle and one should pour it in the vacuum hose. if i poured half of the bottle in a container and slowly sucked it in would that be ok ro should i just use a funnel?

sorry for so many questions but i have never done anything like this before. all i have done is exhaust and intake shortshifter, springs, and the accessport.

once again clubwrx.net has helped so fast. thank you guys.
    07 white STi in CT

just have the hose slowly sip the seafoam. people lock their motors by dumping all of it in the motor or sticking the hose all the way into the seafoam which is a NO NO.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

just have the hose slowly sip the seafoam. people lock their motors by dumping all of it in the motor or sticking the hose all the way into the seafoam which is a NO NO.

thanks alot. im gonna try this later. i'll let you know how it goes.
    07 white STi in CT

i have a video of me using seafoam on my wrx. its still on the tape and havnt had time to stick it on my computer
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

I Support ClubWRX
    I use it about once a year... I use a third of the bottle in my gas tank, a third goes in my oil, and the rest gets fed into the engine via one of the vacuum hoses. I usually put the stuff in my oil and gas tank and when the tank runs up I change the oil soon there after...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    I use it about once a year... I use a third of the bottle in my gas tank, a third goes in my oil, and the rest gets fed into the engine via one of the vacuum hoses. I usually put the stuff in my oil and gas tank and when the tank runs up I change the oil soon there after...
    How do you add it to the vacuum hoses?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

i usually do it through here. i have a separate hose that i attach to that spot
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

I Support ClubWRX
    i usually do it through here. i have a separate hose that i attach to that spot
    With the engine running?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.