new to subarus

This is a discussion on new to subarus within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi everyone. i just got a 2002 WRX that came with an after market down pipe (not sure what brand) ...

new to subarus

hi everyone. i just got a 2002 WRX that came with an after market down pipe (not sure what brand) spearco intercooler and borla exhaust. i just got an HKS SQV BOV. after i got the BOV my car started to back fire. i was wondering why its doing that. another thing is when i put the car in reverse it makes a loud winding noise. it doesnt sound normal. i was wondering if thats normal on WRX's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i also forgot to meantion when i put the car in first gear it grinds. when i took it to the dealer they told me i had to put it in second then first. i had to do the same thing with my 20 year old AE86 corolla. i was wondering if thats normal.

The car is after firing because the BOV is making it run rich between shifts. Basically the car thinks the air is being recirculated (thus it continues to add fuel). The only way to solve this would be to remove your BOV. The loud reverse gear is normal. Not sure about the grinding though...sorry.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

search is your best friend
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water