Boost Issue. HELP

This is a discussion on Boost Issue. HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was driving home from work today when all of a sudden I step on the gas and the car ...

Question Boost Issue. HELP

I was driving home from work today when all of a sudden I step on the gas and the car has no power. I check the boost gauge and where I'm supposed to be hitting 17PSI, I'm only hitting 9PSI????

WTF? All hoses on the IC are OEM and the stock TMIC is on. i was thinking it could be the 2" coupler from manifold to IC but I'm not sure.

Well I reset the ECU last night and it worked great, untill... on the way home from work it did it again... Boost died to 8 psi. So with no CEL I though maybe a boost leak... I replaced the coupling to the manifold with a silicone one. took it out for a drive and still no boost. Decided to Reset it again. That did the trick.

But heres my question... WHY??? Why would this keep happening? I havent put a new mod on my car since I got tuned last year. What gives? I'm ready to take it in to Subaru now just to find out what the hell is going on...

Im 05 WRX Auto Stage 2 ECUtek Tuned by Clark Turner.
    05 4EAT WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

could be your boost solenoid going bad or dirty. Look up or do a search on cleaning it out. If you're pushing 8ps that's around spring pressure on the turbo, which means its wroking but eh solenoid isn't properly. Could also be the wastegate arm, but teh solenoid is easy to clean.