Help again! more detail about noise under car.

This is a discussion on Help again! more detail about noise under car. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i posted the other day and it is still driving me crazy, it sounds like the noise i am ...

Help again! more detail about noise under car.

hey i posted the other day and it is still driving me crazy, it sounds like the noise i am hearing sounds like its coming from this, i dont know exactly what it is or know even if this is the problem. It is the piece from under the car on drivers side. The uppipe connects at the bottom to one piece, then runs along the car to drivers side to this piece and goes up. If anyone has had problems like this before please let me know. It sounds like a ticking in this piece but inside the car it is like the wind or whistling. Could you tell me exactly what piece this is. Any suggestions would be great. thanks
    http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...e23488/car.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe that's the heat shield on your headers coming off your exhaust manifold. You can try to tighten the bolts to get rid of the noise.

Was there a black piece of plastic covering this? THere's usually a skid plate thing covering most of the headers down there I think. It could just be your stuff's coming loose.