Thoughts on extended warrenties

This is a discussion on Thoughts on extended warrenties within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well here is the skinny. I have 2002 WRX love her to death but she has 96,000 miles on her. ...

Thoughts on extended warrenties

Well here is the skinny. I have 2002 WRX love her to death but she has 96,000 miles on her.

I have thought about purchasing a extended warrenty. I was quoted 1400 for 3 years or an additional 36,000 miles. Which I feel is a fair price.

The only reason I want to buy into this is because I recently moved, and do not have access to any tools, or a garage. So if something happends to my car, I have to shell out a large sum of money. (this also justifys spending 1400 dollars)

My question to all of you is have you ever delt with these "after market?" extended warrenties, and if so how was your experience?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I work for an Acura dealership as a service and advisor. I can tell you don't bother. A lot of dealerships and other repair shops will not honor a 3rd party warranty because of all the hassle involved. Plus there is not an extended warranty out there that covers everything. Most of the premium packages warranty companys offer cover's major stuff like motors. transmissions, power windows, starters etc... Most will not cover items like wiring, any squeaks rattles, SRS items, diagnostic etc.... Also most have a deductable that makes you pay for the first $100 they pay the rest.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)