Anyone RELAY savvy?

This is a discussion on Anyone RELAY savvy? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey whats up, i was really active in the forums a while back but since i moved and lost internet ...

Anyone RELAY savvy?

hey whats up, i was really active in the forums a while back but since i moved and lost internet for a while, i've kinda disappeared out of the circle. anyway, i have a problem with my wrx that i think y'all might be able to help me with. my car died with the alarm going off and as such, i think the horn relay was burnt out. i would try to jump the car and as soon as i connect the cables, the horn would blare steadily. my guess is that i need a new horn relay.

now, upon talking to the dealer, they quoted me $41.60 for the relay. i did a search on 1stsubaruparts.com and they say that a horn relay msrp is $9.18. This is too huge a discrepancy for me to be comfortable. i'm a little nervous also about the fact that the relay is the same for 96-03 imprezas on the site. i dont know enough about chassis electronics to be able to know that they changed systems at the blobeye. if anyone here would be able to tell me that this is definitely the part i need then i would be quite confident ordering it.

also, it's the same relay as the headlight relay, so if anyone ever had to replace that, then you also could help me.

thanks.

also, i drive a 2003 wrx wagon.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

please knowledgeable forum gurus... where art thou?

im sorry for not being on the boards for so long, please look past that and HELP ME!

please? im asking nicely!