Just installed front strut bar, A/C line now has cold water on it.

This is a discussion on Just installed front strut bar, A/C line now has cold water on it. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It was a tight squeeze to fit the strut bar with the ac line there. It didnt feel like I ...

Just installed front strut bar, A/C line now has cold water on it.

It was a tight squeeze to fit the strut bar with the ac line there. It didnt feel like I was bending anything much though. The ac line bracket had to be moved and it is a tight fit with the strut bar and ac line now. Problem is the ac line is covered with cold water. What happened? Do I have a leak? How can I fix this?
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know much technical things about cars but basically from looking at it, the AC line is very very cold to the touch. It seems like its perspiring with cold water. AFter the drive, the water was condensing on the line. Is this normal. The AC is cold as ever and there doesnt seem to be any major problem with the car. CAn anyone help me out?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes it is normal particularly on humid (edited; used to say "cold," doh!) days. However, it may not be all that desirable. Since the line is cold to the touch on the outside, the efficiency of the system would increase if the line were insulated. By how much, I don't know, nor do I know how to do this without having something that'll mess up the engine bay, not really work, or even fit since your spacing is now tighter with the strut bar. Not worth worrying about IMO.

PS A leak would be R134 coolant, not water; it'd cause condensation but when it all ran out, the line would be the same temp as the rest of the engine bay and the AC would not work. Likely, your car is just fine.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thank You!

I Support ClubWRX
    Cheers, and, oh -- don't be like me, don't touch the *other* line, the one that's hot. I didn't enjoy that...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.