Car will not start
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car will not start within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It only seems to happen at night. The car will crank but it will not start. I have to wait ...

Car will not start

It only seems to happen at night.
    The car will crank but it will not start.
    I have to wait a while and then it just starts right up.

I have a turbo back exhaust, accessport stage 2, and a mr josh light wieght pulley

I need help bad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What about first thing in the morning? Have you managed to check the fuel pressure during this time? Sounds like the pressure may be low. What year is your car? Also, when it starts, does it idle and run OK?
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

In the mourning it starts up just fine but I have noticed that the rpms drop real low before jumping back up to normal. I have no idea on how to check the fuel pressure. If you have any hints let me know and I will check. But it is an 06 with almost 8000 miles on it so it is freaking me out a bit. I had a wrx before this with no problems what so ever. I just hope this is a simple fix.

oh and thanks for the quick reply

Take it to the dealer and use the warranty. If it starts fine when the engine's cold but not when it's warm you might have a weak cell in the battery.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Thats a great idea but I have to take every thing off of it first. I was hoping it might be something that I can fix. But ya I think its going in to the dealership.

Even when it wont start Im still glad I bought it.

Sounds like a fuel issue. Batteries usually don't do that. They'll either slow crank or no crank. But deffinatly take off anything obvious or it WILL void warranty. Or maybe call first and just ask hypothetical questions about what is allowed under warranty.

Sorry but me again. To check fuel pressure, the easiest way if you have access to a shop's tools is to use a fuel pressure tester. Hook it up anywhere in fuel line so as to recirculate through gauge and back to car. If so, check pressure when starting and running. Check fuel press. specs as well.

Thanks for all the help you guys

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.