squealing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on squealing within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have done everything that i could think of to stop it but i cant get rid of it. changed ...

squealing

i have done everything that i could think of to stop it but i cant get rid of it. changed belts, adjusted tensions etc. what else can i do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage
    i have done everything that i could think of to stop it but i cant get rid of it. changed belts, adjusted tensions etc. what else can i do?
    Try to be a little more specific on the problem if you are looking for help.

Where is it coming from exactly? Try to pin-point the location.
    When does it occur? Does it do it ALL the time, or only under certain driving conditions?
    What type of "squealing" noise is it?

Answer these questions and come back with some more info.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage
    Pigs usually squeal on their way to the slaughter house.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

its comming from the engine bay and ony happens at startup and normally goes away after a few moments. the temperature out side seems to have someting to do with it also. the colder it is the longer it happens for. and it only stars when i engage the clutch. it sometimes happens in idle but only everyonce in a while.

same problem

i have to same problem its when i start up i think its the alternator becasue i sprayed some wd40 where the alternator spins and it went away it only work for a few seconds tho idk its annoying tho that for sure. i was thinking it was the belts too. i just dont know

Quote Originally Posted by cabbage View Post
    its comming from the engine bay and ony happens at startup and normally goes away after a few moments. the temperature out side seems to have someting to do with it also. the colder it is the longer it happens for. and it only stars when i engage the clutch. it sometimes happens in idle but only everyonce in a while.
    I have the same thing. Someone suggested it could be the throw-out bearing.

check your idler pulleys. if there is ANY black rubber looking build up replace the pulley and belt

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.