So I'm due for my 30,000 mile check up.....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on So I'm due for my 30,000 mile check up..... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my WRX is getting up there but anyway, just wondering what prices I'm looking at for the 30k service? are ...

So I'm due for my 30,000 mile check up.....

my WRX is getting up there

but anyway, just wondering what prices I'm looking at for the 30k service? are there any checks that are unnecessary..if I have it done at a shop instead of at the downtown Bendover dealership?

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im getting up there too. I am definitely going to a local trusted shop, a dealer is not going to touch my car.

A.) their prices are rediculous
    B.) I dont want them poking around with anything or taking it for any joy rides.

What im going to do is just print off the list and take it to a couple shops. Get a quote then decide who offers the best price for the service.
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    im getting up there too. I am definitely going to a local trusted shop, a dealer is not going to touch my car.

A.) their prices are rediculous
    B.) I dont want them poking around with anything or taking it for any joy rides.

What im going to do is just print off the list and take it to a couple shops. Get a quote then decide who offers the best price for the service.
    does it still count for your warantee if its not done by a certified suby shop?

Yes. Subaru can't make you get work done at their facility.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

The Subaru dealership in Libertyville, IL wanted $600 (includes replacing plugs)
    I just can't justify spending that kind of money for the things they supposedly check/replace.

Most of the things they do, I will end up doing myself. The biggest pain looks to be the plugs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.