Cobb Short Throw: cutting edges

This is a discussion on Cobb Short Throw: cutting edges within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed my short throw about two weeks ago and now I'm having problems/frustrations. It is extremely hard to shift ...

Cobb Short Throw: cutting edges

I installed my short throw about two weeks ago and now I'm having problems/frustrations. It is extremely hard to shift into 5th gear. I do not have a grinding noise, although it seems that 5 th gear is very hard to find(not in the same place as before it is now more towards the driver vs towards the passenger), and once I find 5th gear it goes in smothly. Same thing with 3rd although not as extreme.

For those of you that have installed a Cobb short throw, did you cut the metal surround in the upper left corner as the instructions indicated? I didnt because I didnt think it was necessary, but now I do sense this problem only happens when I'm shifting towards the front of the car(3rd and 5th). If you did cut the metal, what did you use? A dremel?

Did anyone else have this problem? Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I simply rotated the plate 180 degrees. I have the shift set as short as possible and have had no rubbing issues.

nevermind, nevermind