Cobb Short Throw: cutting edges
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb Short Throw: cutting edges within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed my short throw about two weeks ago and now I'm having problems/frustrations. It is extremely hard to shift ...

Cobb Short Throw: cutting edges

I installed my short throw about two weeks ago and now I'm having problems/frustrations. It is extremely hard to shift into 5th gear. I do not have a grinding noise, although it seems that 5 th gear is very hard to find(not in the same place as before it is now more towards the driver vs towards the passenger), and once I find 5th gear it goes in smothly. Same thing with 3rd although not as extreme.

For those of you that have installed a Cobb short throw, did you cut the metal surround in the upper left corner as the instructions indicated? I didnt because I didnt think it was necessary, but now I do sense this problem only happens when I'm shifting towards the front of the car(3rd and 5th). If you did cut the metal, what did you use? A dremel?

Did anyone else have this problem? Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I simply rotated the plate 180 degrees. I have the shift set as short as possible and have had no rubbing issues.

nevermind, nevermind

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.