Check Engine light on because of intake?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Check Engine light on because of intake? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I just bought my car about 3 weeks ago, the check engine light has been on since, and its ...

Check Engine light on because of intake?

So I just bought my car about 3 weeks ago, the check engine light has been on since, and its been serviced several times but the thing keeps popping on. They're finally saying its because of the cold air intake on it, its an APS brand intake. Is there anyway to correct this problem, or are there any simple ways to get the light to turn off. Also why is the light even coming on? The mechanic at Subaru keeps telling me to switch it back to the stock one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get engine management

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_d0rk
    get the stock airbox
    fixed
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

you make the rest of us newbees look bad!! i bet i can find the answer to your question, on search, that would take like 5 seconds.come on!!!

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    hmmm...ventura eh....i live like 5mins from there..what part are you from.....

anyways....get rid of that dreaded CAI and stick with your stock airbox.....

and go to the Engine Performance FAQ here or on NASIOC.........youll learn a lot about your subaru!
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

Quote Originally Posted by armysti
    you make the rest of us newbees look bad!! i bet i can find the answer to your question, on search, that would take like 5 seconds.come on!!!
    That would be WAY to easy. It is much more painful and time consuming this way. w00t!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    That would be WAY to easy. It is much more painful and time consuming this way. w00t!!
    What are u talkign about? Clicking search, typing in Cold Air Intake Issues, and then reading through all the other posts that say "use the search button" is way too much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by kingypoo
    What are u talkign about? Clicking search, typing in Cold Air Intake Issues, and then reading through all the other posts that say "use the search button" is way too much effort.
    Yeah I would guess so now that we have eleventy billion n00b threads about "I installed a CAI and now my car runs like dog vomit, has anyone else had this problem?"

The n00bs have broken the search function. We're all f'ed now...

Rip - Search function - 2002-2006
    Last edited by kingypoo; 07-10-2006 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingypoo
    Rip - Search function - 2001-2006
    fixed

but yes, sad.

1. remove intake
    2. punch self in groin
    the end
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

wooooaaa

haha **** alright alright, damn so my lazy skills have proven to be super "noobish". anyways thanks for all the crap and help, next time i will search everywhere on this site for my answer, then after 42.5 days of looking if i cannot find my answer i will post an actual question. thanks for the loads of replies though, it was a great introduction to the site, now i know what not to do.

dont listen to men w subeys who have nothing better to do but make fun of newbies...it was honest question...that is wut forums are for right??? to ask questions...but this one is kind of a no brainer

Quote Originally Posted by niterider
    haha **** alright alright, damn so my lazy skills have proven to be super "noobish". anyways thanks for all the crap and help, next time i will search everywhere on this site for my answer, then after 42.5 days of looking if i cannot find my answer i will post an actual question. thanks for the loads of replies though, it was a great introduction to the site, now i know what not to do.
    In a very short time the name of this site will be changed to wrxsarcasm.com. Look, I have many mods, including a CAI and protune and have never seen a light. Follow these steps:

1) Hit CarQuest on Thompson and ask them to read your code. If they are in a bad mood and do not want to do it, lay down a CC at Autozone on Main, read your code, and get your deposit back.
    2) Post what the code is.
    3) Understand that a lot of the folks here OWN the site and don't realize that is is newcomers that keep the money rolling in.
    4) Be patient and maybe, just maybe, someone will offer up some good advise.
    5) If that doesn't work, PM me. Is your wagon WRB Blue? I think I saw it off of Poli

Quote Originally Posted by rexinfx
    dont listen to men w subeys who have nothing better to do but make fun of newbies...it was honest question...that is wut forums are for right??? to ask questions...but this one is kind of a no brainer
    an honest question that has been answer 1,000,000,000 times..

btw i like your poem! very clever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast