Tune track button on radio screwed up

This is a discussion on Tune track button on radio screwed up within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought an 06 wrx a few weeks ago and have noticed that occasionally the "tune track" button that ...

Tune track button on radio screwed up

I just bought an 06 wrx a few weeks ago and have noticed that occasionally the "tune track" button that lets you skip forward/rewind a cd track will screw up. The track will skip around at like 10 second intervals without actually going forward or rewinding. Has anyone else had a weird problem like this with the stock radio? It's incredibly annoying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXorcism
    I just bought an 06 wrx a few weeks ago and have noticed that occasionally the "tune track" button that lets you skip forward/rewind a cd track will screw up. The track will skip around at like 10 second intervals without actually going forward or rewinding. Has anyone else had a weird problem like this with the stock radio? It's incredibly annoying.
    I think if you 'hold' the button in that position then it fasforwards/rewinds in 10 second increments. Maybe you are twisting it too long, try just 'flicking it'.

If you are just flicking it, perhaps the button is defective.