Strut Tower Repair
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Strut Tower Repair within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I have done some searching but have been unable to find any answers. I have discovered that one ...

Strut Tower Repair

Hey everyone,
    I have done some searching but have been unable to find any answers. I have discovered that one of the three bolts on my strut tower in the front is snapped off. A lot of people have said that they have snapped one of these bolts when installing a front strut bar, but have never really said how they fixed it. Is the bolt built into the strut tower or is it completely seperate. Also, what is the best way to get to this bolt and repair it. Thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I suspect that it is part of the strut upper mount/bushing. Sounds like a great time to replace them with a better set up.

That bolt that comes through should be a 12mm nut, it is part of the strut top hat. Buy a new strut top hat or better yet get camber plates or the Groupe N top hats.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.