a/c fan only operates on high?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on a/c fan only operates on high? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I went to the dealer for diagnosis, they found the resistor unit was burned out, so i replaced that, but ...

a/c fan only operates on high?

I went to the dealer for diagnosis, they found the resistor unit was burned out, so i replaced that, but the thing still only blows on high speed. Any ideas? I'm bummed after paying $125 for the diagnosis and part (they wanted to charge an hour labor for installing it--2 screws and a connector). These "trouble-free" cars can be a pain.
    '03 WRX Wagon
    Sedona Red Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a common issue when resistors go bad, is they tend to burn up the connectors also. More importantly, you paid for a diagnosis that was in-correct. The first thing you should do is contact he who diagnosed it, and get a complete accurate diagnosis, or your money back.

Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll have to go back, now there is an unpleasant noise coming from inside the engine compartment when the a/c is on.
    '03 WRX Wagon
    Sedona Red Pearl

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.