a/c fan only operates on high?

This is a discussion on a/c fan only operates on high? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I went to the dealer for diagnosis, they found the resistor unit was burned out, so i replaced that, but ...

a/c fan only operates on high?

I went to the dealer for diagnosis, they found the resistor unit was burned out, so i replaced that, but the thing still only blows on high speed. Any ideas? I'm bummed after paying $125 for the diagnosis and part (they wanted to charge an hour labor for installing it--2 screws and a connector). These "trouble-free" cars can be a pain.
    '03 WRX Wagon
    Sedona Red Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

a common issue when resistors go bad, is they tend to burn up the connectors also. More importantly, you paid for a diagnosis that was in-correct. The first thing you should do is contact he who diagnosed it, and get a complete accurate diagnosis, or your money back.

Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll have to go back, now there is an unpleasant noise coming from inside the engine compartment when the a/c is on.
    '03 WRX Wagon
    Sedona Red Pearl