huge problem, please help me out if u can...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on huge problem, please help me out if u can... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok ive had the car for about a month and one day after 3 weeks of driving it, it starts ...

Exclamation huge problem, please help me out if u can...

ok ive had the car for about a month and one day after 3 weeks of driving it, it starts boggin down bad and it feels like it only runnin on like 2 cylinders or somthing. the check engine light went on when that happened and it stayed solid for a bit then flashing at other times. its missing pretty bad and the idle wont stay solid sometimes. itll go down to about 300 rpm then back up to 500 every so often. i took it to get a obd2 scan and it said that all 4 cylinders were misfiring plus the map sensor wast at a high output and iat sensor was at a low input if i remember correctly; if not then the other way around for the inputs. its an 03 rex with 41k if that helps ne. im not sure if it has any warranty left and i wanna know if its somethin minor that i can fix/replace instead of taking it to the dealer as im afraid theres no warranty left. just lemme know what you all think...thankz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my bad i forgot to list mods; it already had an AEM cold air and APEXi auto timer installed: from the time i got the car up until this happened all i have bought was a GFB GP Moto bov as far as engine mods

put the car back to stock then bring it back to the dealership.

I Support ClubWRX
    The CAI can cause poor maf readings making the car run lean. If you had this issue mixed with some bad gas, it's possible the car suffered some Det. and the ecu pulled timing. I'd remove the CAI (and the bov while your at it) and replace it will stock stuff. Reset the ECU and see if it fits itself. It's possible it went into limp mode, and thus the lack of power.

As for the IAT that might be something that just needs to be replaced.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    The CAI can cause poor maf readings making the car run lean. If you had this issue mixed with some bad gas, it's possible the car suffered some Det. and the ecu pulled timing. I'd remove the CAI (and the bov while your at it) and replace it will stock stuff. Reset the ECU and see if it fits itself. It's possible it went into limp mode, and thus the lack of power.

As for the IAT that might be something that just needs to be replaced.
    +1000
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyracer03
    ok ive had the car for about a month and one day after 3 weeks of driving it, it starts boggin down bad and it feels like it only runnin on like 2 cylinders or somthing. the check engine light went on when that happened and it stayed solid for a bit then flashing at other times. its missing pretty bad and the idle wont stay solid sometimes. itll go down to about 300 rpm then back up to 500 every so often. i took it to get a obd2 scan and it said that all 4 cylinders were misfiring plus the map sensor wast at a high output and iat sensor was at a low input if i remember correctly; if not then the other way around for the inputs. its an 03 rex with 41k if that helps ne. im not sure if it has any warranty left and i wanna know if its somethin minor that i can fix/replace instead of taking it to the dealer as im afraid theres no warranty left. just lemme know what you all think...thankz
    damn....seems to me like you have everythhing in that car you shouldnt have )bov, cai, turbo timer) get rid of em all!!!!!!!!!!

i looked up similar problems and the majority of the awnsers were bad coilpacks and plugs...does the car have both of these? im confused on that part. btw the car came with the cai and turbo timer plus when i got the bov i sold the oem piece to another friend with a rex so the only thing i could remove is the turbo timer; no stock parts

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Bad news man. BOV and CAI are two of the worst mods for your car.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

ok so if a bov and cai are the worst mods, would a short ram and the oem bypass valve(i think thats what its called) be better to run with? im sry if i sound like a newb but im kinda new to tuning a turbo car especially a subie

ok so if a bov and cai are the worst mods, would a short ram and the oem bypass valve(i think thats what its called) be better to run with? im sry if i sound like a newb but im kinda new to tuning a turbo car especially a subie
    For most people the factory intake setup and bpv are considered best.

Just do some reading - I think almost everyone here loves their car.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

ya ive only had it a short period and i love everything about it. ill try to find the stock bpv and airbox and see if that works. would this have anything to do with the plugs or coilpacks maybe?

ya ive only had it a short period and i love everything about it. ill try to find the stock bpv and airbox and see if that works. would this have anything to do with the plugs or coilpacks maybe?
    Yes, it's possible, though in my experience when coilpacks go bad, the car is not going to run at all, or it runs so bad it's completely undrivable. Misfiring like crazy. You can pull and check the plugs on your own. It should be visibly obvious if they are damaged or fouled. Might as well check the gap too.

ok well where exactly are they? my friend said theyre on the back of the motor across from the firewall and u can only get to em by underneath the car. im new to subies so i appreciate all the info i have recieved so far and correct me if im not correct about something

ok well where exactly are they? my friend said theyre on the back of the motor across from the firewall and u can only get to em by underneath the car. im new to subies so i appreciate all the info i have recieved so far and correct me if im not correct about something
    Coil on plug if memory serves.

http://www.micahmicahmicah.net/wrx - go there and you should find a zip file with a backup of the 2002 WRX Service Manual. This is only to be used if you own the Service Manual CD-Rom and is maintained for backup and archival purposes only.

ok so it is on the back of the motor only accessed from underneath then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast