Rear O2 Sensor Pin Out/wire Diagram
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rear O2 Sensor Pin Out/wire Diagram within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anybody know the pin out or have a wiring diagram for the rear O2 sensor? My wires were cut ...

Rear O2 Sensor Pin Out/wire Diagram

Does anybody know the pin out or have a wiring diagram for the rear O2 sensor? My wires were cut and I want to make sure I got them connected right. There are 4, White, Blue, and 2 Black. The White and Blue are a no brainer but the 2 blacks threw me off. There is no difference in the insulation on these 2 wires, color markings, stripes...etc. I am not sure if it matters if the 2 black wires are wired up differently. Is this just a 2 wire resistance sensor such as a thermistor? If so it doesn't matter but if one is ground and the other is something else, I probably should make sure I got it connected right. If anyone has a picture of the O2 sensor with the white shield cut off so you can see the top of the sensor and follow the wires up to the wire harness where it connects by the transmission, could you pass it along to me?

This is for an 02 WRX Wagon

TIA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX45 View Post
    Does anybody know the pin out or have a wiring diagram for the rear O2 sensor? My wires were cut and I want to make sure I got them connected right. There are 4, White, Blue, and 2 Black. The White and Blue are a no brainer but the 2 blacks threw me off. There is no difference in the insulation on these 2 wires, color markings, stripes...etc. I am not sure if it matters if the 2 black wires are wired up differently. Is this just a 2 wire resistance sensor such as a thermistor? If so it doesn't matter but if one is ground and the other is something else, I probably should make sure I got it connected right. If anyone has a picture of the O2 sensor with the white shield cut off so you can see the top of the sensor and follow the wires up to the wire harness where it connects by the transmission, could you pass it along to me?

This is for an 02 WRX Wagon

TIA!
    I also need a schematic on this subject. I tried searching to no prevail. I managed to leave the rear 02 sensor plugged in at the firewall connection when i pulled the engine and tranny out and ripped the plug right off the firewall harness. And the four wire colors are different than on the 02 harness side. I know the yellow and red stripe goes to yellow and red. and i think the white and black goes to blue and red. but not sure which exactly the blue and white go to either red or white. Im thinking blue goes to red. I could almost tell by the plug but its all not working now unless my rear 02 is dead fried. thanks
    Any help would be great if someone could take two seconds to look at there car thanks !!
    Last edited by BTRUX0611; 04-28-2013 at 10:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.