Big Problems! Please help!

This is a discussion on Big Problems! Please help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well today i was driving to work and i got on it a little bit and it cut out and ...

Big Problems! Please help!

Well today i was driving to work and i got on it a little bit and it cut out and popped. Then when i got on the highway 5 minutes later, i got on it again. It sounded like the turbo got really loud and then sounded like something blew off . And then my car died. So i got it towed home. later on im messing around with it and unplug the sensor from the intake. And my car starts idleing ok again. So i though it was running good but i took it for a ride and im not making any boost. ANd it sounds funny. I checked for codes and got two. One for the sensor not being there. ANd another saying high intake input or something. SO then i also noticed the wastegate doesnt move in and out. Is that supposed to? Im so stumpted. ANy help would be appreciated.....Frank.
    My money pit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not completely sure, but it sounds like the turbo is dead.

A hose from the turbo to the intercooler popped off. All fixed!!!!
    My money pit