just got my wrx..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on just got my wrx.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; just got a 03 BPB WRX with 78K for 13... just wondering if my car has problems because it wont ...

just got my wrx..

just got a 03 BPB WRX with 78K for 13... just wondering if my car has problems because it wont let me put the gear in rear sometimes, and also, my AC stinks when i turn it on...if any of you guys know how to fix some of these problems, please let me know.

hopefully there's nothing wrong with it..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey man -

don't know why your a/c stinks-haven't heard of that one before.

lots of ppl have trouble putting their wrx in reverse the first time. usually you can press the clutch in and out twice and it'll go in. i usually just put it in first, pull up about 6 inches and put it in reverse while the car is barely rolling. once you get used to it, it shouldn't be much of a problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mokinbird87
    just got a 03 BPB WRX with 78K for 13... just wondering if my car has problems because it wont let me put the gear in rear sometimes, and also, my AC stinks when i turn it on...if any of you guys know how to fix some of these problems, please let me know.

hopefully there's nothing wrong with it..
    try sliding it into second then straight into reverse after you've stopped rolling forward and just tap the gas a little to get teh rpms moving some. you'll get used to it..

and my a/c use to stink a lot when i first start using it. but the more you use it the less it smells.

blarg has an air filter DIY mod in his sig i think you can check out.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

the stinky AC may be signs of a saturated dryer/reciever. its not cheap to replace.

basically, you have water condensing in the system somewhere and growing mildew. when you turn on the AC it blows the smell into the cabin.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.