Bad idle, rough turn on and off, need some advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Bad idle, rough turn on and off, need some advice within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by shaolin_racer I am 80% sure it is your turbo inlet. Out of desperation the night before I ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_racer
    I am 80% sure it is your turbo inlet. Out of desperation the night before I had the car tuned, I put back on the original filter my short ram intake came with. The weekend before I had just swapped filters with another one I had cleaned earlier. Instead of cleaning the filter it came with(didn't want to wait for it to dry). The original filter seems more restrictive than the newer one I had put on. Once I changed the filter back, the car idled just find and didnt hesitate anymore. And after being reflashed, it now runs very smooth.

And I did spend the better half of my weeked looking for leaks through out my intake and exhaust system.
    That almost sounds like a turbulance issue. If one filter was more restrictive than another, the MAF would still read the flow correctly and the ECU would adjust accordingly. As for the original poster, the resonator box doesn't have anything to do with this, so I wouldn't worry about it unless you somehow didn't but the intake box back in correctly. You had also mentioned (if I remember correctly) that you cleaned off the MAF sensor...might want to look at that closely just to verify everything is as it should be.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe it was just he filter because that was the only thing that changed. I double checked all my hose clamps and found no leaks. I've also had the intake on for over a month with no problems, until I changed the filter.

By the way, how did you clean your MAF sensor?

Hey jennab7707, have you had your car checked for which software is on your ecu? When I had my car reflashed, I was told I had a map that was too agressive for 91 octane from the factory. I was told that there is a tsb reflash for a less aggressive map from the dealer, You may want to look into this if you car still behaves the same.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_racer
    I believe it was just he filter because that was the only thing that changed. I double checked all my hose clamps and found no leaks. I've also had the intake on for over a month with no problems, until I changed the filter.

By the way, how did you clean your MAF sensor?

Hey jennab7707, have you had your car checked for which software is on your ecu? When I had my car reflashed, I was told I had a map that was too agressive for 91 octane from the factory. I was told that there is a tsb reflash for a less aggressive map from the dealer, You may want to look into this if you car still behaves the same.
    Well, I am due for a filter change anyway, I'll try that and see what happens. I guess I'll be buying some smokes this weekend and checking for leaks again. I just cleaned the MAF sensor with some brake cleaner. I sprayed a little on there from about 18" away, then I sprayed a bunch into a ziploc bag and put the sensor part of the MAF in there and swished it around for a few minutes. I kept the plug part away from the cleaner, and I marked the sensor, since there is a front and a back. It was kinda dirty, the cleaner turned brown, but all it did was make everything run a little bit smoother, no drastic change, and possibly all in my head I just took a long trip yesterday on the highway, and my gas mileage is normal, and the car pulled normal up to about 100, which is all I had room to safely try out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12