Need help

This is a discussion on Need help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; K plz dont think this is stupid or anything but sometime when i cheak the oil in teh car it ...

Need help

K plz dont think this is stupid or anything but sometime when i cheak the oil in teh car it seem as if there isnt any and then a next time u cheak it again there is oil on the dip stick. Can you tell me what cause this and is there a specfic way to cheak for oil{ i know the way but i would like to re-enforce it}

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

let the car sit for a good solid hour before checking oil after driving. our cars take a while for the oil in the engine to seep back down into the oil pan. best time to check it would be first thing in the morning before driving that day.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon
    let the car sit for a good solid hour before checking oil after driving. our cars take a while for the oil in the engine to seep back down into the oil pan. best time to check it would be first thing in the morning before driving that day.
    what he said
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

yea thanks...so question again what if u wake up and cheak the oil and then there isnt any ???

its check..im sorry i had to say it
    If you ever go back in time, dont touch anything.

2005 STi
    Cobb Ap Stage Two/ Cobb Suspension Stage one.

I Support ClubWRX
    If there isn't any oil, add oil. See the owner's manual and see the sticky thread "oil change" at the maintenance forum. The dipstick is very finicky and the oil will expand when hot, but if you check cold on level ground and there is no oil, add oil.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

and check to see if there are any leaks that caused your oil to disappear
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    and check to see if there are any leaks that caused your oil to disappear
    cheaked for that already there isnt any

how long ago did you change the oil? i mean, if you dont see any obvious oil spots where you park and your car drives fine, dont worry about it. The idiot light will come on in your cluster if your oil level is low. Usually right after i change my oil, ill put a looseleaf notebook underneath the oil pan/oil filter overnight and see if there are any spots the next morning to make sure i tightened everything good.

And of course when checking oil levels you have to make sure the car isnt on any type of incline.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon
    how long ago did you change the oil? i mean, if you dont see any obvious oil spots where you park and your car drives fine, dont worry about it. The idiot light will come on in your cluster if your oil level is low. Usually right after i change my oil, ill put a looseleaf notebook underneath the oil pan/oil filter overnight and see if there are any spots the next morning to make sure i tightened everything good.

And of course when checking oil levels you have to make sure the car isnt on any type of incline.
    I really dont want to wait till the light comes on . Its not on any type of incline ..thanks thou

Registered User flyingpertyhigh's Avatar
    its funny you say that because my dad drives an ' 05 2.5rs and he said the same thing. one morning on the flat driveway that he's always tested his oil on there was randomly no oil. he added oil, and the next morning in the same spot in the driveway it was overfilled so he had to drain.

he hasn't mentioned it recently so i'm assuming it hasn't happened again.

thats what i am sayin flyingpertyhigh is the samething keep happenin so i dont want to throw to much oil and have the piston slap and damage anything

Registered User flyingpertyhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshifter
    thats what i am sayin flyingpertyhigh is the samething keep happenin so i dont want to throw to much oil and have the piston slap and damage anything

and of course when he brought it to the dealership they thought he was crazy