Radiator Filler Surface Rust - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Radiator Filler Surface Rust within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by TypeC I was going to ask this. What yr is your car Kurly? I too noticed the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by TypeC
    I was going to ask this. What yr is your car Kurly?

I too noticed the '03+ get a non-painted top, but I never thought that it was made of a different material.

The STi cap is a good idea performance-wise, but people have reported radiator leaks from the increased pressure, so I think I'll hold off until I upgrade mine.
    I have an MY02. Most '02's came with a black pained top. I wish I would have gotten it replaced when I went in for warranty repair for my clutch shudder replacement. No I'm fuqd. They won't do any repairs with my big Hyperflow TMIC.

Right now I am using the Blitz blue top radiator cap. It holds pressure fine. I am just praying for no leaks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

k91
    I took my wife's wagon in for the dealer to look at and they didn't see anything wrong with it rusting. They pointed out the car is due for the $320 30K service though...

33k miles

i got 33k miles i checked it out the other day and my turbo coolant lid is painted black .... i read the post a few months ago before i put 10,000 miles on my car and forgot about it until now ... so i figure now is a good time to do it i will do it this weekend hopefully...

can anyone tell me if it does clog what will it do over heat the turbo?
    thanks
    -steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12