Axle/wheel bearing question

This is a discussion on Axle/wheel bearing question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My driver front wheel squeaks while driving and the sound is speed dependant, the fast I go the faster the ...

Axle/wheel bearing question

My driver front wheel squeaks while driving and the sound is speed dependant, the fast I go the faster the squeak is, so I was thinking wheelbearing possibly. Now if I am going a decent speed 35+ and take sweeping right turns I get a popping noise, but if I am going slow and make a turn there is no noise, could it be cv? or would that make a noise all the time? Also in the morning after it sits all night when i go to back up it creaks/clunks at first then goes away. When it clunks its like something is catching and then gives, its very strange. I have an 03 wagon with 75k on it FYI. Any help would be appreciated. Also if I have to change wheelbearings how hard is it? I have done axles in the past but not on a suby.

Thanks again!!!
    --Silver Wagon Club--

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had this happening in the last Subaru I owned. It cut CV boots all the time. All of the grease would leak out. Long story short it was my CV joint going out.

thanks for the quick reply
    --Silver Wagon Club--