Can't find Break-in in Owner's Manual, help....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Can't find Break-in in Owner's Manual, help.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've looked many times. I can't seem to find anything in the Owner's Manual about a break-in point. Everyone says ...

Can't find Break-in in Owner's Manual, help....

I've looked many times. I can't seem to find anything in the Owner's Manual about a break-in point. Everyone says it's in there........what page???

PS - I got a '06 WRX TR.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For my 2002 I was instructed to keep the enginer under 4000 RPM for the first one thousand miles.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Well pretty simple. No hard accelerating or hard braking for the first 1000 to 1500 miles. Like he said nothing over 4k RPMS. Just drive it nice.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers
    Well pretty simple. No hard accelerating or hard braking for the first 1000 to 1500 miles. Like he said nothing over 4k RPMS. Just drive it nice.
    But where is it in the MANUAL?

Section 8 - Driving Tips, page 2. Listed in the index under "New vehicle break-in driving the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km)."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.