idle air sensor ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on idle air sensor ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im having problems with when my fans or ac is on, my car wont idle or when i get on ...

idle air sensor ?

im having problems with when my fans or ac is on, my car wont idle or when i get on the gas it wont go over 2000 rpms. i have the resestor mod done the uppipe cat and downpipe cat is removed. when im at cruise or up too speed the car runs fine. some one told me the air idle sensor but where the hell is that. i have been noticing that the gas light on my car is staying on when i start my car for like 2 mins or so but i will have 3/4 or 1/2 a tank of gas still . help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you have a lot of other issues...

...but the idle air sensor is held on by 2 screws and is located right below the intercooler, on top where the big air hose goes up into the intercooler. It is grey where the screws hold it on, with a black sensor top part that the electronics plug into to. It is just the top portion, you don't have to unplug any hoses. The part # is 22650AA182 but you will also need to order the gasket if you want to replace or clean it.

I was having idle problems where my car was idling way too high and not holding a steady idle. The part I took off has a lower part # than the one I put on, so I imagined they changed something for the better.

It costs like ~$280 so I would make sure you are getting CEL codes indicating that is malfunctioning.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by nom0ny View Post
    Sounds like you have a lot of other issues...

...but the idle air sensor is held on by 2 screws and is located right below the intercooler, on top where the big air hose goes up into the intercooler. It is grey where the screws hold it on, with a black sensor top part that the electronics plug into to. It is just the top portion, you don't have to unplug any hoses. The part # is 22650AA182 but you will also need to order the gasket if you want to replace or clean it.

I was having idle problems where my car was idling way too high and not holding a steady idle. The part I took off has a lower part # than the one I put on, so I imagined they changed something for the better.

It costs like ~$280 so I would make sure you are getting CEL codes indicating that is malfunctioning.
    What is just the gasket's part #? 22650AA182 isn't bringing anything up for me anywhere

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.