Security Alarm Flashes every 60-90 sec. while driving

This is a discussion on Security Alarm Flashes every 60-90 sec. while driving within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does this mean anything? I have an aftermarket Viper alarm but it did this even before I had the new ...

Angry Security Alarm Flashes every 60-90 sec. while driving

Does this mean anything? I have an aftermarket Viper alarm but it did this even before I had the new alarm. My alarm used to go off while I was driving about once a week and since I got the new alarm it hasnt done that anymore but the security light still flashes every 60-90 seconds while I am driving. Someone suggested that my key ring may be too heavy so I drove around with just the key for a week and it still did the same thing. I was going to just take out the stock alarm so I didnt have to see that damn thing flash at me but I was just making sure that this isnt a sign for something else that may be wrong.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

Chargespeed Pink and Blue 300WHP 4EAT Bugeye
    SubieChick.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

SubieChick.com

I think yr in valet mode. Try holding yr alarm button on yr key for three - to five seconds with the drivers side door open. Hope it works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I tried that ^^^ and its not in valet mode

Wanna hear something even funnier....my car alarm goes off when I park next to Evo's....and its not because of their exhaust....it goes off when both cars are off. Smart car huh?!
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

SubieChick.com

What model Viper is it?