Class- Action Lawsuit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Class- Action Lawsuit within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My third transmission just went on my 02 wrx. It has 30,400 miles on it and this problem is absolutely ...

Class- Action Lawsuit

My third transmission just went on my 02 wrx. It has 30,400 miles on it and this problem is absolutely out of hand. It seems that a lot of people are having the same problems as me with the transmission. The first overhaul it was the first gear, my second overhaul was third and fourth gear, now it's my 2nd, 4th, and 5th gear.

I'm tired of arguing with Subaru about a problem that they won't admit. Does anyone know of any class-action lawsuits that I could get in on and/or is anyone interrested in joining me in starting a class-action lawsuit against Subaru?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't abuse your car. I know people with close to 90k miles on there stock 02 tranny

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    There is people on here that have also had there car 6,000 miles and babied it the whole time and their tranny's go out. Subaru makes a terrible transmission.

Sorry to hear it man. Good luck with getting a law suit. Its about time someone did.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

90k 02 bugeye. Stage 2, original clutch, plenty of 5k launches, no problems. It's all about understanding your car. The tranny isn't bad, it's just doesn't like abuse. You try running all four wheels all the time pushing over 3,000lbs while some douche bag (not you specifically) bangs the gears on you. If you are seriously taking care rev-matching and all yet it is still falling apart then you've probably got a lemon bro.
    Last edited by scoob; 05-26-2006 at 08:10 AM.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

i have 68k on a 2003 stage 2...still on stock clutch and tranny.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by P8baller07
    Don't abuse your car. I know people with close to 90k miles on there stock 02 tranny
    i got 71k now and mines still not messed up. i did just replace the clutch and flywheel. mine got beat. but i do hear of some peoples going out with ease. basically i do what everyone says not to do. i find certain things last longer than way.

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    90k 02 bugeye. Stage 2, original clutch, plenty of 5k launches, no problems. It's all about understanding your car. The tranny isn't bad, it's just doesn't like abuse. You try running all four wheels all the time pushing over 3,000lbs while some douche bag (not you specifically) bangs the gears on you. If you are seriously taking care rev-matching and all yet it is still falling apart then you've probably got a lemon bro.
    In that case, he needs to Google, Pennsylvania lemon law, and try to go that route. If I had an extra 10+K to spend on an attorney or knew one that wouldn't bend me over with fees, I'd join right in (nothing has happened to my STi but I don't like the fact that they won't address the rear strut clunking noise, they claim is normal operation of the car ).
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

02 with 100k...222.5whp/217wtq...just replaced original clutch, no tranny problems whatsoever.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.