Factory boost solenoid installation help!!

This is a discussion on Factory boost solenoid installation help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey we're throwing a stock solenoid back in a wrx and its mounted with one port on the side and ...

kip

Factory boost solenoid installation help!!

Hey we're throwing a stock solenoid back in a wrx and its mounted with one port on the side and one on the bottom, one of these has a t section and I forget where all the two connections plug into.

Anyone know? Working on it right now...
    2005 Obsidian Black WRX For sale!!! PM me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

kip
    Huh....

Well I think we got it up and runnign correctly anyways...

Q though, someone posted the boost levels you hit at certain speeds/rpms. I just removed my UTEC and I know I expected my car to have less "Umf" but wow, so far even on the highway getting up to 70 it hasn't gone over 10 lbs.. This normal? Its been a while since I remember driving stock :P

stock is 13.5psi, you might have some lines crossed - is the restrictor pill still in the line to the turbo?
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

kip
    Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    stock is 13.5psi, you might have some lines crossed - is the restrictor pill still in the line to the turbo?
    The original line we had was lost so I yanked one from an STi *looked identical* it has a "T" bar of hoses linked to a metal piece and is plugged into the turbo and one other port, then another line from the solenoid goes to the intake.

Its runs 13.5 psi at maximum which is around 90mph right? I haven't gotten to that speed yet but its been staying around 8.

Quote Originally Posted by kip
    The original line we had was lost so I yanked one from an STi *looked identical* it has a "T" bar of hoses linked to a metal piece and is plugged into the turbo and one other port, then another line from the solenoid goes to the intake.

Its runs 13.5 psi at maximum which is around 90mph right? I haven't gotten to that speed yet but its been staying around 8.
    7 psi is WG pressure so something's wrong. The max boost has less to do with MPH and a lot more to do with load and RPM's. I've always been able to get full boost in 1st gear. Of course I don't drag race, so I have very different throttle habits.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

kip
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    7 psi is WG pressure so something's wrong. The max boost has less to do with MPH and a lot more to do with load and RPM's. I've always been able to get full boost in 1st gear. Of course I don't drag race, so I have very different throttle habits.

Hrmm. Well I dont race it so I haven't tried that yet. Will try revving all the way in first to see what it does.

if you didn't reprogam the ECU its probably won't work with the factory solenoid. You have to go back to a map that works with the stock solenoid.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

kip
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    if you didn't reprogam the ECU its probably won't work with the factory solenoid. You have to go back to a map that works with the stock solenoid.

Its on the stock ecu never was flashed. I sent you a PM.