P 0403 - help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on P 0403 - help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; P0403 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Malfunction I pulled this OBD2 code off my 02 wrx. My check engine light ...

P 0403 - help!

P0403 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Malfunction

I pulled this OBD2 code off my 02 wrx. My check engine light goes on and off and the low gas light likes to come on. I am looking for a course of action to fix the problem. I have 15k left on my powertrain but no factory warranty. any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just kidding, p0463

where is the fuel level sender (obviously gas tank)? Can i replace this in my driveway?
    anyone have a procedure?

yeah, you gotta drop the tank, unscrew the sender unit and replace it, if that's the problem. You can do it in your driveway with jackstands, but if you have a full tank it's gonna be heavy as sh1t, might want to wait until it's close to empty - might still be a good idea to have a friend help hold it while you're dropping it down.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    yeah, you gotta drop the tank, unscrew the sender unit and replace it, if that's the problem. You can do it in your driveway with jackstands, but if you have a full tank it's gonna be heavy as sh1t, might want to wait until it's close to empty - might still be a good idea to have a friend help hold it while you're dropping it down.
    Survey says.... Wrong answer.

You do not have to drop the tank to get to the fuel tank level sender. It as easy as removing the rear seat and getting access to the fuel pump throught the access. Search for procedures for swapping fuel pumps or get a service manual and it will have nice pretty pictures for you.

what do i got to do to my 04 WRX if i put in a STI turbo in ??????? and is it goin to be safe and will it lag or eney thing?????

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNJ
    what do i got to do to my 04 WRX if i put in a STI turbo in ??????? and is it goin to be safe and will it lag or eney thing?????
    Holy post from left field!

Please do some reading here - Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

Also, use the search function before posting a new thread, or hijacking someone elses thread.

You need to do some research but at the least it will involve new or modded injectors, and new fuel pump, said turbo, and some sort of EM. A few gauges couldn't hurt either just to make sure everything is in check.

hahaha ok srry bro i am new at this **** i am new with clubwrx.net lol and i am to lazy to do that **** but i will thanks later

well the thing is i am goin to the junk yeard and goin to buy a crashed STI lol and just rip all the parts out of it lol and i dont know if i can use the dash out of it cuz i like the reb lol cuz my 04 WRX is red lol and right now i am getin my new stage 2 clutch and a new flyweel lol

I Support ClubWRX
    well the thing is i am goin to the junk yeard and goin to buy a crashed STI lol and just rip all the parts out of it lol and i dont know if i can use the dash out of it cuz i like the reb lol cuz my 04 WRX is red lol and right now i am getin my new stage 2 clutch and a new flyweel lol

Smile

What??????? Its Good **** Lol

If you type "lol" one more time I think I'm going to gouge my eyes out.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

^^^^^ word ^^^^^^ lol lol lol

what ever peace kid

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.