ABS and CEL on and Speedometer is dead - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on ABS and CEL on and Speedometer is dead within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah turbo timer is the only mod. I wont disconnect it for good, just have it as a security measure, ...

Yeah turbo timer is the only mod. I wont disconnect it for good, just have it as a security measure, I know its not NEEDED, but in my case its wanted. The dash hasnt been off recently, well since I put the TT in..no, no new clutch recently.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I never connected the speed sensor to the turbo timer btw...said it was optional in the manual.

well just unplug the TT and see if the problem goes away...that would at least isolate the problem. could be the RPM sensor grounding somewhere. (it does have an RPM sensor doesn't it?)
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

It has one yeah, but its just a taped off wire, ill go disconnect it in a few

Quote Originally Posted by Silentdawn
    It has one yeah, but its just a taped off wire, ill go disconnect it in a few
    If the problem doesn't go away from unplugging, follow the wire back as much as you can and look for a short somewhere. sounds like a short.
    go f*** yourself

Which wire? The speed sensor from the TT is only an 3 inches long

Which wire? The speed sensor from the TT is only an 3 inches long
    speed sensor and RPM sensor...I don't know how long your wires are...never seen your setup. just trying to give you some ideas that might get you thinking in the right direction.
    go f*** yourself

Ah also another issue I just found out. Headlights don't work. I just had one replaced at the dealership...could that have done anything? The blue high beam light doesn't come on either.

I Support ClubWRX
    There is an electrical fault somewhere. Consider what blarg said about tracing the TT wiring and also have a close look at the dash wiring -- I know you said it's not been off recently, but it has been off. Also, just for fun check that the main wires to the battery are secure, and that the main lead to the alternator is on tight too. Be careful.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

speed sensor could have failed or come disconnected

I have no idea where the speed sensor is, but I disconnected the turbo timer completely and nothing. I even reset the ecu...removed the neg terminal and depressed the gas for a min. still the ABS light is on and no speedometer and no headlights.

Any Ideas? I am fresh out.

nothing?

Why does the speedo jump around when Im driving, could this have anything to do with the BoV, HONESTLY!!! lol.

I bought one of those warrantys from the car dealership that I got it from, I guess I'll just try to get that to help me out but I think that it is void even when i replace the cd player.

The dealership wants 260 to replace the sensor... is that a decent price? Why is the ABS light on and why do the headlights not work? Is it all the same problem? Could the dealership have messed something up when they changed my headlight and gave me an oil change a couple days before this happened? The reason I'm thinking they might have done something is because I drove it all of 100 miles after that and this all started happening.

Why does the speedo jump around when Im driving, could this have anything to do with the BoV, HONESTLY!!! lol.

I bought one of those warrantys from the car dealership that I got it from, I guess I'll just try to get that to help me out but I think that it is void even when i replace the cd player.

The dealership wants 260 to replace the sensor... is that a decent price? Why is the ABS light on and why do the headlights not work? Is it all the same problem? Could the dealership have messed something up when they changed my headlight and gave me an oil change a couple days before this happened? The reason I'm thinking they might have done something is because I drove it all of 100 miles after that and this all started happening.
    if you bought the extended warranty, it should cover electrical faults. sounds like you have something really messed up in there. let them fix it. if they figure out it was something you did, they'll charge you, if its a real honest-to-goodness electrical failure, they'll cover it.
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.