Totaled My WRX - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Totaled My WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Age is only a category. IMHO, there are really bad drivers of all ages and descriptions. I think the US ...

Age is only a category. IMHO, there are really bad drivers of all ages and descriptions. I think the US really needs to tighten its requirements for a license, and everyone, regardless of age, needs to be retested on the street every five years. Every day I come home through a traffic circle, and every day I see someone who stops instead of yielding, stops in the circle, or changes lanes in the circle. Almost everyone doesn't signal properly, and most times the person at fault honks like somebody else is doing something wrong. Age, race, sex, or any other category doesn't seem to separate the bad from the good. Most people and their government representatives seem to like to legislate categories, like teens and seniors, when the real problem is bad drivers that could be fixed by requiring them to learn to be good drivers, and holding them to it. If everyone had to be able to parallel park to get a license, I'd cut 30 minutes off of my 40 minute commute. As for being in the wrong lane, the legally blind are already taken off the road as best they can. I think some old people are stubborn, and probably driving without licenses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by VVVV
    Age is only a category. IMHO, there are really bad drivers of all ages and descriptions. I think the US really needs to tighten its requirements for a license, and everyone, regardless of age, needs to be retested on the street every five years. Every day I come home through a traffic circle, and every day I see someone who stops instead of yielding, stops in the circle, or changes lanes in the circle. Almost everyone doesn't signal properly, and most times the person at fault honks like somebody else is doing something wrong. Age, race, sex, or any other category doesn't seem to separate the bad from the good. Most people and their government representatives seem to like to legislate categories, like teens and seniors, when the real problem is bad drivers that could be fixed by requiring them to learn to be good drivers, and holding them to it. If everyone had to be able to parallel park to get a license, I'd cut 30 minutes off of my 40 minute commute. As for being in the wrong lane, the legally blind are already taken off the road as best they can. I think some old people are stubborn, and probably driving without licenses.
    I 100% agree with you except for the part about parallel parking. They made me do that 13 years ago when I got my license. Did they get rid of that requirement?

i think i've only had to parell park 5 times since i've been 16... but i do get your point
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I 100% agree with you except for the part about parallel parking. They made me do that 13 years ago when I got my license. Did they get rid of that requirement?
    I didn't say they should require you to pass a parallel parking test, just that if they did there'd only be me and about 12 other cars on the road at any one time. So by admitting you can't, you provided the proof to my claim.

And so I don't seem like the know-it-all/holier-than-thou kind of guy you all know I am - it took me three tries to pass the driving test when I was 16. The first I failed for lack of proof of insurance. The second I ran a stop sign that was about two feet tall and on the left. The third time I passed even though I was speeding practically through the whole thing. All three times I went to get tested, I drove myself to the DMV, without supervision, and without a license. Not once did they question it, even when the instructor that failed me got out of the car, handed me my failure slip, and watched me drive off on my own.

I Support ClubWRX
    . So by admitting you can't, you provided the proof to my claim.
    I did?

I spent years parallel parking a Chevy 2500 rackbody when I had a delivery route. It's never been a problem for me.

I was disagreeing with the part about needing to parallel park to get your license. Everybody I know had to do it.

I did?

I spent years parallel parking a Chevy 2500 rackbody when I had a delivery route. It's never been a problem for me.

I was disagreeing with the part about needing to parallel park to get your license. Everybody I know had to do it.
    Ah, so we both put words into each others mouths. Let's call it even before we get carried away and wake up with unmentionable regrets and hairy tongues.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, so we both put words into each others mouths. Let's call it even before we get carried away and wake up with unmentionable regrets and hairy tongues.

Holy hell thats a bad fire!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Wow dude...sorry to hear that...but ...look at the brightside...good buy bug eye. Hello blobeye with slightly better perks and lower mileage.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by un_focused
    Wow dude...sorry to hear that...but ...look at the brightside...good buy bug eye. Hello blobeye with slightly better perks and lower mileage.
    You want him to downgrade?11!!11!??

You want him to downgrade?11!!11!??
    obviously, he's 'unfocused' on having teh win
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

sad :(

Its sad to see a blaze yellow burning up liket that. Its good you made it out safely.

sorry about the loss, glad you're ok
    “You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.”

sorry about your car, I know what your going thru hit a deer about 2 months ago and totaled my car. I'm sure you will get yourself a new WRX soon.

Considering the fuel smell problems just driving it down the road, it wouldn't surprise me. Were both cars MY '02?

yeah. my cousins was an 02. it used to be my roommates WRX also. he traded it in for an s2000. then my cousin from another town bought it from the dealership ...lol. i told him i could have gotten it for him for $3000 cheaper if he would have told me he wanted a WRX.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.